Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effective.
We are looking for a high caliber Optical Engineer with extensive experience with a variety of Optical switching equipment. The qualified candidate will have "been there and done that" in the Optical Networking realm, will be capable of evaluating vendor provided architectures and designs for feasibility, and know enough to map out a deployment plan for large scale optical backbones supporting mission critical data center networks. The qualified candidate will be a seasoned professional with experience working with consulting teams while maintaining their engineering acumen.
- Expertise with the following vendor equipment (or similar):
- Ciena (6500, 5200, 4200, 3500, CPL)
- Ciena (formerly Cyan) (Z77,Z33,Z22)
- Cisco (15600,15454,15310)
- Infinera (DTNX, DTC,ATC, MTC, TNX)
- Fuji (7420, 7120, 4500, 4100)
- Nokia 1830
- Minimum 7 years telecommunications experience with a deep understanding of SONET, SDH, and DWDM Networks. Datacenter environment experience favorable.
- Fundamental understanding of all protocols provisioned (GbE, SONET, Fiber Channel, and others)
- Knowledge of equipment commissioning and provisioning across multiple platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills to support management, negotiation, and problem-solving functions of this role.
- Excellent judgment and discretion; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines in high pressure scenarios.
- Must be able to work independently and productively with minimal supervision.
- 3+ years Consulting experience
Work Location: Herndon VA, Mr. Laurel NJ
Travel Required: Yes
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.