Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
The Solution Consultant role is a customer facing domain expert, that drives innovative business solutions with our customers, by applying technical and business skills. This role partners with the sales, solution consulting peers and the rest of our ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness. The role takes a consultative approach with our customers and prospects to discover and map business outcome-driven solutions. The role also may require demonstration and prototyping of platform capabilities, and in select cases identify the specific requirements needed to develop innovative application prototypes. The Solution Consultant will also provide solutions and enablement to the technical sales force and provide prospective customers with product and solution advice during pre-sales discussions.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Drive innovative business solutions and digital transformation with our customers.
- Consult with customers and prospects to understand their application development needs and pain points, and evangelize the business value of rapid application development on the platform
- Partner with the sales, solution consulting and the rest of the ServiceNow ecosystem to achieve customer success through thought leadership and driving awareness.
- Demonstrate to customers and prospects the experience of developing and extending applications on the ServiceNow platform
- Conduct business process and/or technical workshops that may include enablement sessions
- Contribute to and help maintain an asset library of applications developed on the platform
- Scope and develop application development Proof of Concepts/prototypes with prospective customers
Travel is based upon specific program and client requirements and will thus fluctuate based on current workload and sales activity. Must be open to working remotely at an out-of-town client site on special occasions.
- 5 years’ experience as a solution/sales engineering
- Passion for problem-solving to solution selling.
- Knowledge of web development or mobile app development, business modeling, database concepts and project management - preferably using Agile Development Methodologies
- Good oral, written and presentation skills, with ability to organize and present technical material in an easily understood manner
- Deep insight on technical architectures, IT products and product positioning
- Experience on ServiceNow Platform or another PaaS like Salesforce, Appian, Outsystems, Pega a plus
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- Experience with Big Data, IoT, Machine Learning and other emerging technologies a plus
- Knowledge of IaaS (e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute Engine)
- Knowledge in Java application server platforms (e.g. JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic)
- Fluency in Web services (e.g. SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML)
- Knowledge in RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.