Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
The Splunk Architect role will be responsible for our client's Splunk infrastructure. A successful candidate is expected to be a subject matter expert for Splunk at the client. The Splunk Architect will work closely with the Event Management team in implementing additional Splunk functionality and furthering adoption of Splunk within the client environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
- Own the Splunk Operational Intelligence Platform
- Design and implement Splunk infrastructure, deployment, products, apps, reports, alerts, and dashboards
- Design and implement High Availability / Disaster Recovery architecture
- Manage Splunk knowledge objects (Apps, Dashboards, Saved Searches, Scheduled Searches, Alerts)
- De-code and Debug complex Splunk queries
- Provide Splunk technical expertise and consultancy to internal client teams looking to leverage splunk
- Partner with the Event Management team to implement monitoring solution roadmaps
- Engage with internal client teams to align platform capabilities with business requirements
- Mentor and train junior Splunk resources
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 - 8 years of current experience in big data analytics, data warehousing and/or business intelligence domains
- Splunk Architect certification required, Architect II preferred
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Splunk architecture
- Ability to troubleshoot core software platform and infrastructure components
- Ability to perform complete Splunk environment installs, filter data, and manage indexes
- Experience creating, and maintaining Splunk applications
- Experience writing documentation, procedures and best practices in technical environments
- Experience working with industry standard authentication and permissions models
- Experience working with REST APIs, and web development
- A working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages and application
- Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow team members
Location: Chevy Chase, MD
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.