Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
We are looking for a Top Secret (TS) cleared ServiceNow Developer to perform various responsibilities to include technology assessments, strategy formations, and/or development projects for Federal clients. Developers collaborate with experienced project managers, analysts, designers, and clients to design, build, and deliver vital internal and external customer facing applications to help resolve the issues being faced by our clients. ServiceNow Developers have a broad understanding of the ServiceNow platform and the service management context, related technologies and products, with some specialization in a few key areas. Over time these specialties may change due to industry transformation or a changing client profile. As such, our Developers have the opportunity to seek out hands-on experience with the latest applications and enhancements to the tool and then leverage this new experience and intelligence to collaborate with our clients to solve complex problems.
- Position yourself as a trusted advisor
- Oversee the technical decisions that must be made, work with client staff charged with architecture standards, and ensure quality of final results
- Perform productively at many levels, from the abstract world of enterprise architecture to the concrete day-to-day world of coding, in order to produce the final deliverable desired by the client
- Design, implement, integrate and support ServiceNow platform solutions
- Create documents that specify strategy, assessment, or design in a way that delivers obvious value to the client and is understandable by any stakeholder
- Work closely with clients, subject matter experts and the team to understand requirements, establish priorities and project scope, and manage expectations and project delivery
- Articulate architectural differences between solution methods
- Articulate the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms
- Define the technical and solution architecture for a phased software development delivery and provide hands-on technical direction working with other developers to review code and resolve issues
- Apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for the client’s senior management team
- Collaborate with business development team members during sales efforts to demonstrate technical capabilities, create a vision for a solution that can be built, and create estimates and work plans
- Develop less-senior resources by teaching, empowering, reviewing results, both in technical areas and in consulting “soft” skills
- Extensive understanding of the ways in which ServiceNow can be configured and customized and scripting within the tool
- Experience setting up and configuring Self-Hosted ServiceNow instances
- Strong experience in Java development
- Extensive knowledge of design patterns and when to apply them
- Extensive knowledge of the ServiceNow platform from both business and technical perspectives
- Extensive understanding of the core ITSM applications within ServiceNow along with enough understanding of the range of offered applications to speak intelligently to their use
- Strong ability to apply rigor and discipline to the design/development process regardless of the tools/technologies used
- Ability to discuss/debate architectural issues without rancor or personal investment
- Ability to seamlessly modify communication based on the technical level of the target audience
- Knowledge of how to assess the performance of a ServiceNow environment, how to diagnose performance problems, and best practices for improving performance
- Extensive knowledge of the concepts and tools required for effective ServcieNow development including: ServiceNow UI from an administrator perspective, update sets, data exports and other means used for the release of development work
- SDLC Methodologies including Waterfall and Scrum
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA), additional SNOW certs a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.Location:
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.