Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Windward has created an innovative SaaS based portfolio management and analytics platform for IT Infrastructure Management Tools. Our solution enables customers to reduce cost and improve performance of their tools investment by providing visibility into the gaps and overlaps in capability. At the core of the platform is our Knowledge Base which consists of a normalized taxonomy of thousands of capabilities and a database of hundreds of products. This knowledge base provides the content for all analytics, metrics and dashboard information. Our Knowledge Factory is responsible for the developing, growing and maintaining the knowledge base. Our customers include many of the most well know Fortune 500 companies operating hundreds of tools costing upwards of $50MM annually.If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effective.Description: We are looking for a high-caliber multi-dimensional Ruby on Rails Application Developer focused on UI development. The candidate will be responsible for development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technologies. You will be required to write unit tests and work in an agile development environment. You will also be responsible for assisting with the development of software technical documentation including requirements specifications, design documents, and test plans.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Perform prototyping, system analysis, development, fielding, and maintenance of systems
- Develop, code, test, and debug new software or enhancements to existing software
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Conduct automated software testing to ensure satisfaction of application development requirements
- Support software quality assurance and configuration management activities
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans
- Associate’s Degree or 3+ years of experience in the software development field
- Demonstrated experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software
- Understanding of Ruby Best Practices
- Experience with Mongo and Redis storage technologies
- Experience working in Agile and Kanban environments
- Infrastructure experience: AWS, Ubuntu, NGINX, Ansible
- Version control experience: Git, Github, Pull Requests
- Requirements management experience: JIRA/Confluence
Education:-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience. Location: Orlando, FLTravel:-As needed based on customer meetings and needs. Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
- Experience with developing APIs and Microservices
- Testing tool experience: Jasmine, UnitTest