Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effective.Windward has created an innovative SaaS based portfolio management and analytics platform for IT Infrastructure Management Tools. Our solution enables customers to reduce cost and improve performance of their tools investment by providing visibility into the gaps and overlaps in capability. At the core of the platform is our Knowledge Base which consists of a normalized taxonomy of thousands of capabilities and a database of hundreds of products. This knowledge base provides the content for all analytics, metrics and dashboard information. Our Knowledge Factory is responsible for the developing, growing and maintaining the knowledge base. Our customers include many of the most well know Fortune 500 companies operating hundreds of tools costing upwards of $50MM annually.We are looking for highly motivated, energetic people with a passion for innovation and desire to be part of a high performing team. If you are interested in working in a fast paced, agile environment and would like to help shape the future of how IT is managed, apply today. Description: We are looking for a self-motivated technology professional to join our Knowledge Factory team that takes pride in the ability to learn new technology, operate within conditions of uncertainty and act as a role model within a growing organization. This is a key role focusing on developing capabilities, profiling products and providing leadership and guidance for Product Analysts and our Knowledge Factory Network Experts. It offers a unique combination of staying engaged in innovative technology at a detailed level, keeping perspective on high level strategy, and acting as a leader and role model as the organization grows. This individual must be skilled in one or more areas of IT Infrastructure Management such as; Fault and Availability Management, Performance Management, Service Management, Security Information and Event Management, Cloud Management, and DevOps tool chain. Strong written and verbal communication skills are critical. Relevant experiences include IT Operations, specification or implementation of tools, and tool vendor product management or sales engineering. Technical and/or business education is preferred. Responsibilities:
- Develop capabilities and incorporate into normalized taxonomy knowledge base
- Profile products and align with capabilities
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts, Product Management and Engineering to develop the Knowledge base of the platform
- Act as subject matter expert in reviewing capability and product information
- Consult with customers regarding their tools portfolio and requirements
- Own a set of products and interact with vendors as a part of maintaining knowledge base
- Provide leadership and guidance for Product Analysts and Knowledge Factory Experts
- Contribute to the ongoing optimization and maintenance of the Knowledge Base
Education:-Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience. Location: Orlando, FL Travel:-As needed based on customer meetings and needs.
- 7-10 years of experience in IT Infrastructure Management in the areas of Network, Compute or Storage
- 3-5 years working with management tools either as a user, product manager or sales engineer
- Experience developing detailed tool requirements for an RFP or responding to an RFP
- Proficiency in 3-5 tools with general knowledge and perspective on management tools throughout infrastructure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High aptitude and passion for learning new technology
We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.