Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world. Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you are self-motivated, have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We work with the biggest DOD Organizations and Fortune 500 clients, and interact with smart, innovative people. Our employees are not only passionate and driven but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. Windward Consulting is looking for an experienced Data Scientist with experience developing machine learning algorithms and deploying them to production. We are looking for an individual who will take ownership of data mining, building and modifying predictive models, and developing client-facing reports and recommendations. The right candidate should be a self-motivated, highly detail-oriented team-player with a positive drive to provide insight to our customers. Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement plans for deploying existing machine learning algorithms to production
- Review and modify code generated by others so that the code is suited to run in production environment
- Provide consultation to the client on how to establish an analytics and machine learning center of excellence
- Work with software development teams in the deployment of algorithms in accordance with SDLC best practices
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Deliver insight to leadership, helping drive strategic business decisions.
- Execute data mining activities providing insight from datasets.
- Build accurate statistical supervised & unsupervised predictive models, as well as rule-based algorithms
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Day to Day Activities:
- 5+ years of experience with several years in hands on experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, clustering, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python3, etc.
- Experience with the following Python modules: re, pandas, numpy, urllib, os, csv, json, seaborn, and others
- Experience using Python to extract data from a variety of data source types, including SQL Server, RESTful APIs, JSON data, and flat files
- Experience with data reduction techniques (e.g., principal component analysis) a plus
- A strong analytical and quantitative analysis mindset
- Ability to think strategically and translate plans into phased actions in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Knowledge of BI related principles such as ETL, data modeling, & data warehousing
- BS/MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent/related degree.
- Modify code to prepare it for production
- Correspond with client contacts via phone, email, and Skype to gather and provide information
- Write Python code to develop and test algorithms to support new use cases
- Schedule meetings and coordinate activities among different client groups
- Develop presentation material (e.g., Power Point decks, Word documents) to summarize findings and recommendations
- Troubleshoot any issues detected with Production or Development code
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Location-Herndon, VA or Denver, CO
Windward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.