Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT Roadmap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. We Work with the US Government as well as Fortune 500 clients, and our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
As a result of our continued success, we are seeking an eager candidate to work as part of a dynamic team of engineers developing secure WAN, LAN, and DMZ services for a world-wide area network. The candidate will lead network engineering projects focused on boundary control solutions, perimeter network solutions, and related network security tool solutions. The candidate will also provide security focused analysis of proposed changes to network transport systems.
The organization this position supports manages a system of integrated telecommunications networks in an effort to provide secure, reliable, and robust communications capabilities to United States Government Departments and agencies operating from Diplomatic and Consular facilities outside of the United States. Some of the services they offer their end customers include terrestrial, satellite and internet services, international direct-dialing, and Voice over IP (VOIP). Job duties:
- Responsible for developing and implementing solutions to satisfy architecture requirements.
- Design, support, troubleshoot, and recommend alternate solutions for a United States Government customer network within a team environment.
- Participate in engineering analysis and technical support on a variety of tasks.
- Develop network configuration scripts and transition plans.
- As a project technical lead, must be able to provide program management assistance and contribute input to help manage project schedules, risks, and costs.
- Foundational knowledge of BGP (EBGP/IBGP), OSPF, MPLS, and QoS strategies.
- In-depth engineering experience in perimeter solutions, including the design, low level engineering, and delivery of new hardware systems for client applications across the enterprise DMZ.
- Experience with Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Email Security Appliances
- Experience engineering WAN, LAN, and DMZ Networks
- Experience writing creating network diagrams using Visio
- Expert knowledge of centralized authentication using Cisco Secure ACS or Cisco ISE
- Development and maintenance of High Level and Low Level Design documentation
- Experience building/operating various firewall platforms (Cisco ASA, Juniper Netscreen, Juniper SRX, Checkpoint, Fortinet)
- Experience working with IDS/IPS products (Cisco FireSIGHT, Fortinet, TippingPoint)
- Strong knowledge of network routing and switching
- DMZ Network infrastructure knowledge including topology, security policies, firewalls and the L2/L3 switch and router infrastructure is required.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills
- Strong communications skills
Education and Experience:
- CISCO and/or Juniper certifications
- CCNA Security
- CISSP or CISM
- Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC)
- Administrator level ability with UNIX (Linux or other variant) is highly desirable
- Administrator level ability with Windows is desirable
- Experience with Software-Defined Networking and Software-Defined WAN technology
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years, Masters with 6+ years, PhD with 4+ years, or Associates with 10+ years of related experience
Windward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance. Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
- Active Top Secret clearance with Full Scope Poly (FSP) is required
- Must be within five years of the last clearance investigation.