Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
We are looking for an experienced Enterprise Monitoring Consultant. You will lead the assessment, analysis and design of monitoring strategy and implementations of OSS systems and NOC capability enablement and processes to deliver next generation monitoring systems to support our enterprise customers.
- 5+ years in monitoring using Enterprise monitoring tools, Netcool, HP OMI, BPPM, Spectrum or similar.
- 5+ years in support of networking technologies, satellite and or cellular technologies.
- 5+ years in NOC support systems OSS and service modeling
- Demonstrated ability to create Business Service Health Views with KPIs and CI Status
- 5+ years in Unix and Linux shell scripting (korn / bash)
- 5+ years in other Unix scripting languages including Perl and Python
- 3+ years in SQL query language experience
- 1yr with Enterprise Monitoring integration experience including perl and yaml experience
- Demonstrated ability to apply expert level technical writing and presentation skills to support creation and publication of project artifacts and documentation.
- ITIL V3 Foundation and/or MOF V4.0 certification with enterprise network operations centers.
- Expertise deploying Network Workflows and Server Workflows and scripts.
- Familiarity with systems security and legal & regulatory policies including PCI, PCI 2.0, COBIT, ISO 27001.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Work Location: Chevy Chase, MD
Windward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.