Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you are self-motivated, have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Work with the biggest DOD Organizations and Fortune 500 clients, and interact with smart, innovative people. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Specialist who is eager to support The State of Maryland's Department of Information Technology in cost effective IT network management and maintenance services such as but not limited to: network management, maintenance, and operations support; systems maintenance and operations support; infrastructure management; Network Operations Center (NOC) management; technical services; network security and certification services; disaster recovery services including backup and restoration; strategic IT consulting and business planning; enterprise architecture and design; application server support and application support; and on-demand technical services.
The Quality Assurance Specialist determines the resources required for quality control. This individual is responsible for performing the following tasks:
- Maintaining the level of quality throughout the software life cycle
- Developing software quality assurance plans
- Maintaining and establishing a process for evaluating software and associated documentation
- Participating in formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the development life cycle to determine quality
- Examining and evaluating the software quality assurance (SQA) process and recommending enhancements and modifications
- Developing quality standards
- Experience participating in cross-functional IT projects is required
- Experience in small, mid, and large-scale projects
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and to influence peers, managers and other teams
- Strong written and oral communication
- Working knowledge IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) practices
- Ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments and to work in a fast pace organization
- Very strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or a related scientific or technical discipline.
- 5+ years of experience working with quality control methods and tools.
- 3+ years of experience in verification and validation, software testing and integration, software metrics, application to software quality assessment, and a demonstrated knowledge of system and project life cycles.
- ITIL certifications preferred
- ServiceNow Experience and/or Certifications preferred
- Minimal (< 25%)- as required on a project by project basis
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.