Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effective.
The Senior Automation Consultant will lead a client staffed, matrixed automation team to evangelize IT automation within the client environment. The ideal candidate will understand the strategic initiatives of the existing client automation program and help mold the internal team to deliver on those objectives. The ideal candidate will act as a team SME along with delivering on impactful automation use cases. Consultant will have experience with the following
- 5+ years consulting experience or experience within a consultative role
- 3+ years experience as a team or technical lead
- 7+ years managing Enterprise configuration, orchestration or automation tools, 5+ years with Orchestration platforms, Network Automation or Server Automation platforms.
- Experience and knowledge of Linux, Unix, and Microsoft application server.
- Familiarity or experience with Network Operations Center, IT Operations, IT Service Management, or Enterprise Systems Management
- 3+ years systems engineering and administration of a enterprise/carrier grade Network and server systems.
- Experience identifying, implementing and documenting automation and orchestration standards, procedures, and policies.
- 3+ years designing, developing, and supporting automation solutions the standup of network and security configurations and platforms.
- Experience must include authoring and managing workflows and distributed applications.
- 3+ years: script development for automation of systems and network administration. Experience with design and implementation of high-availability/fault tolerant instances of Orchestration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to apply expert level technical writing and presentation skills to support creation and publication of project artifacts and documentation. ITIL V3 Foundation and/or MOF V4.0 certification. Desired Skills:
- Experience with enterprise or carrier network operations centers.
- Expertise deploying Network Workflows and Server Workflows and scripts.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
- Experience in: Groovy and Java: and most of the following: Shell scripting, HTML, SQL, LINUX, UNIX, Tomcat.
- Experience in: VRealize Orchestrator, Invisible Playbook creation, Kubernetes Cluster admin, Puppet, Chef, CodeStream, Jenkins, AWS
- Experience in: NSX, ACI, F5 load balancers
- Experience with: Resolve, BMC AO, CA IT PAM