Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you are self-motivated, have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Work with the biggest DOD Organizations and Fortune 500 clients, and interact with smart, innovative people. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
We are seeking motivated Senior Project Managers who is eager to support the United States Census Bureau (USCB), which supports the economic and political foundations of the U.S., provides a critical service to the Nation by overseeing the Decennial Census. As mandated by the Constitution, USCB will conduct the 2020 Census to obtain both population and housing information, and disseminate the results to the President, the States, and the American people. The ideal candidate must hold a PMP Certification.
The successful candidate will be accountable for managing ServiceNow implementation projects for our customer. The Project Manager is a key customer-facing manager during implementation projects and is accountable for the successful delivery of the customer services and proper transition of the same to our customers operations for ongoing support.
- Accountable for successfully managing customer implementation projects for our customer with a primary focus on keeping project on schedule and project completion
- Oversee and coordinate multiple teams of technical engineering resources to perform installation tasks
- Manage multiple customer projects simultaneously
- Develop project plans, specifications, and other related project tasks
- Work directly with internal customers on multiple implementation activities
- Oversee project execution, including but not limited to:
- Conducting project launch meetings
- Gather and document the customer’s technical and functional requirements
- Developing detailed project plans
- Managing and monitoring project issues, risks and escalations
- Apply learning from past projects to future projects by developing and continuously improving tools, templates and processes to facilitate implementation efforts.
- Prepare formal status reports on a regular basis for internal customer and management
- Oversee quality assurance cycles for implementation projects
- Leading projects to overall success
- Resolving project issues, problems, and changes
- Communicating project status on a timely and regular basis
- Tracking/managing projects from initiation to successful completion
- Proven successful oversight of several ServiceNow implementations
- Strong project management experience including managing programs/projects within data center settings
- Past experience of leading, managing and participating in cross-functional IT projects is required
- Experience in small, mid, and large-scale project management, including the management of project teams
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and to influence peers, managers and other teams
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong project planning tool skills (Microsoft Project preferred)
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Foundation Certified. Intermediate certifications or ITIL Expert certification are a bonus
- Ability to multi-task between concurrent assignments and to work in a fast pace organization
- Very strong attention to detail
- Business and/or Technical bachelors degree (or equivalent)
- 7+ years past experience in related businesses and fields
- PMP required
- Suitland, MD and potential off-site
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward IT Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.