Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
The Software Developer will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navy’s and DoD’s needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs. As a Software Developer on this program, you will be tasked with implementing new features within a critical, line of business application that support mission assurance and operational management functions.
You will have the opportunity to work and grow your expertise with a team of software engineering and cyber security experts working to tackle the cyber defense issues of the modern military with creative and innovative solutions.
As a Senior Software Developer on this program, you will use your expertise and experience in the following areas and activities to deliver solutions and services to our customer:
- Working from requirements specifications to develop or modify software applications.
- Help designing, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documenting application features and changes.
- Reviewing and assessing existing enterprise applications, to support new features, performance improvements, upgrades, and ongoing sustainment.
- Participating in performance, load, and stress testing, and remediation of issues identified
- Participating in security architecture reviews of large enterprise systems
- Participating in the development of new systems and upgrades and updates to existing systems, throughout the entire application lifecycle: requirements analysis & definition, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and sustainment
- Participating in activities that ensure the successful use of these systems including: developing documentation, test scripts, and training materials
- You will have the opportunity to work and grow your expertise with a team of software engineering and cyber security experts working to tackle the cyber defense issues of the modern military with creative and innovative solutions.
- Active Top Secret Clearance
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level 2 certification
- Some proficiency with modern development toolsets including Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, unit testing frameworks, source control, and task tracking such as Team Foundation Server.
- Experience designing, implementing, supporting, and analyzing enterprise scale applications that perform extract/transform/load (ETL) operations with external data sources and SQL Server
- At least seven years of experience in the above listed areas
- Current OS certification (i.e. MCP or Linux+)
- Current COMPTIA Sec+ CE Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.