Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT Roadmap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. We Work with the US Government as well as Fortune 500 clients, and our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
As a result of our continued success, we are seeking a Solutions Architect with Network Engineering experience. The Network Solutions Architect will be responsible for working on network solutions projects on the short-range schedule, and will support the Terrestrial Networks Domain Architect in long-range planning and projects. The organization this position supports manages a system of integrated telecommunications networks in an effort to provide secure, reliable, and robust communications capabilities to United States Government Departments and agencies operating from Diplomatic and Consular facilities outside of the United States. Some of the services they offer their end customers include terrestrial, satellite and internet services, international direct-dialing, and Voice over IP (VOIP).
- Develop and revise plans and layouts for network communications solutions to be delivered to customers on our global data communications network.
- Present plans to the team’s Domain Architects and the Chief Architect for review and feedback
- Prepare plans for presentation at delivery project control gates.
- Collaborate with the organization’s Information Assurance and Cyber Security staff in an effort to consider, develop, and address requirements related to network security.
- Develop expectations and requirements for hardware and software to support the needs of the various solutions network designs.
- Responsible for designing solution architectures and transitioning those solutions to project teams for execution within the framework of the designed models.
- Develop models to predict future network needs, including reviews of current data traffic, estimating growth, considering the needs of traffic routing and shaping, and build outs of new technologies, such as Software Defined Networks (SDN).
- 8+ years of IT and networks experience, both in the field and in an Engineering and Design organization
- Expert knowledge of Global Wide Area Networks
- 4+ years’ experience as a Network Systems Designer
- Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
- Proven ability in working with a multi-discipline team comprised of one or more of the following disciplines: Systems, Software, or Network Engineering
- Proven ability as a process advocate and Subject Matter Expert, including excellent skills in Configuration Management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and convey recommended solutions to clients to resolve issues
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Experience developing Architectural and design artifacts, especially architectural modeling
- Experience developing tier 1 and detailed requirements
Education and Experience:
- Experience with Software Defined Networks
- Experience working in JIRA
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Experience with communications systems or in a commercial / industry communications organization
- Experience with medium Telco company best practices for network services
- Experience with networking protocols such as RSVP and OSPF to perform Traffic Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years of experience, Masters with 6 years, PhD with 4 years, or Associates with 10+ years of related experience
Windward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
- Active Top Secret clearance with Full Scope Poly (FSP) is required
- Must be within five years of the last clearance investigation.
Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.