Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT Roadmap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. We Work with the US Government as well as Fortune 500 clients, and our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
As a result of our continued success, we are seeking a Data Warehouse Developer to join the Data Analytics Branch at one of our Government clients. The candidate will work closely with application and data owners to ingest data from their systems, and will work to develop reports based on the available ingested data. The enterprise reporting user base includes the internal Business Group, NOC Group, Engineering Group, Front Office, external customer base of the organization, etc.
The organization this position supports manages a system of integrated telecommunications networks in an effort to provide secure, reliable, and robust communications capabilities to United States Government Departments and agencies operating from Diplomatic and Consular facilities outside of the United States. Some of the services they offer their end customers include terrestrial, satellite and internet services, international direct-dialing, and Voice over IP (VOIP).
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for data analytics for the customer
- Utilize statistical techniques to analyze and extract relevant information from large data sets
- Develop algorithms to predict failures with Network Devices and server hardware
- Provide guidance to the data analytics team in the areas of data extraction and reporting
- Monitoring actual results against plan/forecast
- Explaining variances analysis
- Reporting and analyzing key metrics
- Interfacing with all stakeholder
- Work with a Business Analyst to gather and flesh out customer requirements for new reporting requests
- Managing the development and operations of the enterprise reporting and data warehousing solutions supporting the organization.
Additional Desired Experience:
- 10+ years combined experience with analytics, IT, systems, network or software engineering
- 8+ years of Reporting and Data Warehouse experience.
- Experience working with MicroStrategy 10.2+ or similar tool
- Knowledge of Data Management systems, data sources and data architectures
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to document and translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues to technical and non-technical staff
- Strong troubleshooting skills, analytical problem solving ability, and organizational skills
- Experience developing Analytics/Dashboards/Reports/Visualizations
- Upgrade experience
- Experience installing data analytics tools including application, configuration, security and administration
- Data Warehouse, Data Modeling, OLAP cubes, Data Mart experience
- Experience with Oracle, SQL server databases
- Performance tuning, scaling of database experience
- Ability to write complex SQL scripts, stored procedures, algorithms independently
- Linux experience
- IBM InfoSphere DataStage ETL experience
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
Education and Experience:
- Experience working with Splunk
- Understanding of Network performance management is a plus
- Experience working with wide area and local area network data
- Experience working in Amazon Webs Services (AWS) Cloud and the analytical tools available in AWS
- MS or BS Degree in mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering, science, or equivalent experience.
Windward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance. Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
- TS/SCI with Full Scope Polygraph Clearance
- Must be within five years of the last clearance investigation.