Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. We are looking for developers with strong core Java skills, as well as web application and enterprise management experience. You will be responsible for supporting, tuning and enhancing in-house custom applications. We use a combination of open source and off-the-shelf technologies. You will be responsible for designing and implementing integrations and automations that drive our client's monitoring infrastructure supporting thousands of device endpoints. You will be working with other talented engineers in an environment that encourages interaction, ownership, and teamwork leading to successful product delivery.Job Responsibilities:
- Write high quality, efficient, extensible, commented and maintainable Java code
- Support current code-base and integration
- Complete ETL projects collaboratively and efficiently
- Comment code and develop documentation to support written code
- Debug and resolve application code issues in a production environment
- Perform code unit test, assembly test and integration testing
- Push code to a production environment
- Assist in the deployment of test/dev environment
- 6+ years of experience in software development and with Agile or Waterfall experience
- 6+ years of core Java development: multithreading, dynamic loading, annotation, aspects, events
- 6+ years of experience with API/REST, logging, dependency injection, messaging
- Ability to understand data models or database tables in third party systems or applications
- Experience with a pushing data into third party systems or applications
- Advanced debugging, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills across large, distributed, multi-service environments
- Experience with CA monitoring tools and configuration applications preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.