Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
As a result of our continued success we are currently seeking to add to our team a BMC Remedy consultant with experience in both the maintenance and support of Remedy platform and implement and development capabilities for our clients.
The successful candidate will have experience extracting detailed customer requirements and implementing those requirements within BMC Remedy version 9.x. The consultant will also have the aptitude to lend technical assistance during the analysis, design, and implementation of BMC Remedy Service Management applications, for Federal and Commercial enterprise and service provider clients.
The candidate must have experience and knowledge in deploying core functionality in an out of box BMC Remedy ITSM system; this includes the ability to install the system on multiple server platforms and databases. The characteristics of this position include: a working command of technology and architectural concepts; the ability to perform an analysis of client processes; ability to document and develop workflows for system functionality and customization.
The successful candidate will work as part of a team on client engagements with some direct supervision.
- 6+ years of BMC Remedy experience
- 1+ years of BMC ITSM version 9.x experience
- Experience creating BMC Remedy Web-Service
- Ability to reverse engineer remedy modules
- Demonstrated Remedy Integration experience building integrations with other external partners, managed service providers, and other 3rd party tools
- Proficient in the development and customization of workflows and processes using Overlays
- Strong understanding of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) processes and best practices
- Proven ability to support multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
Highly Desired Skills
Additional Desired Skills
- Hands on experience with at least 5 of the following modules: Service Desk (Incident/Problem Management), Change Management, Service Request Management, Asset Management, Action Request System, Atrium CMDB, and/or Atrium Service Level Management.
- Experience working with Filter WSDL’s
- Experience working directly with end users
- Experience with multi-tenancy
- Experience with web technologies and web services including Remedy APIs
- Experience developing custom Remedy applications with relationships mapping to Atrium CMDB Configuration Items (CI's)
- Demonstrated experience providing quick development for application prototypes
- Experience performing Remedy upgrade projects (versions 7.x – 9.x)
- Proficient with the promotion of code and functions across environments (development to production)
- Experience across all phases of full system development life cycle
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, and collaborate with various people and organizations
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience in conducting working sessions for requirements gathering
- Demonstrated experience in developing technical options and recommendations
- Experience using Subversion (SVN) to track Release Management and deliverables
- Smart Report is a plus
- Experience with and good working knowledge of the Windows/UNIX/Linux operating systems is a plus
- Experience with Java and XML is a plus
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Visio
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems
- Active US DOD Secret Clearance (or greater)
Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.