Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world. Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you are self-motivated, have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We work with the biggest DOD Organizations and Fortune 500 clients, and interact with smart, innovative people. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.If you are an experienced Splunk Engineer and are seeking an established, mid-sized company to work with, consider a career at Windward Consulting! We offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. We are looking for a junior to mid-level Splunk Engineer with ability to assist with dashboard development, knowledge object migration, and other basic Splunk skills. Candidate will be able to follow MOPs to successfully complete tasks and projects. Ideal candidate will have hands-on experience with Splunk and looking to grow within Windward's analytics practice. The Splunk Engineer will contribute as a member of an existing analytics team, operating on customer premise supporting existing client activities and projects.Job Responsibilities:
- Assist internal users of Splunk in designing and maintaining production-quality dashboards
- Collaborate across the entire organization to bring Splunk access to product and technical teams to get the right solution delivered and drive future innovation gathered from customer input
- Leverage previous experience, share best practice and create solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
- Support Splunk on Unix, Linux and Windows-based platforms
- Push configurations and updates to multiple Splunk Enterprise instances via the Splunk Deployment Server
- Monitor the performance of Splunk via the Splunk Monitoring Console
- Standardized Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of platforms using multiple configuration management systems
- Troubleshoot Splunk server and agent problems and issues
- Follow prepared Manual of Procedures (MOPS) for Splunk enhancement integration and Splunk dashboard migration
- 6 months to 1 year of Splunk experience, particularly SPL language.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Splunk architecture and best practice.
- The ability to engage customers and stakeholders in a collaborative and consultative manner
- 2+ years of experience with data analysis, logging solutions, system and network monitoring, and technical consulting
- Ability to work as part of a consulting team, taking direction from team leads and client management
- Proficient in writing commands via the command line interface in Windows, Unix, and Linux
- Proficient in one or more of the following scripting languages: Bash, Perl, Python, PowerShell
- Proficiency in writing Regular Expressions to extract data in Splunk via search-time and index-time extraction
- Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders
- Self-motivated and self-educating, able to function independently as needed. Also, need to be able to collaborate with fellow Splunk engineers as well as customers.
- Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance)
- An entrepreneurial spirit – the willingness to proactively provide solutions to problems the client didn’t even realize they had.
- Experience in Data Analytics and visualizations, particularly log analysis.
- Experience in IT systems administration, including system/network monitoring.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is must. Also, must be able to collaborate on group projects.
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows systems.
- Knowledge of XML.
- Experience in working with customer to develop and optimize dashboards for their data analytics needs.
- 2+ years of hands on experience as a Splunk Administrator or Architect
- 2+ years of hands on experience as a Splunk Knowledge Manager / Power User
- Operational experience with any of the following areas: network engineering, Linux/Unix systems administration, Windows/Active Directory administration, network security, firewalls, NIDS, NIPS, web proxy solutions, email security, systems security (HIPS/HIDS), security analyst, storage, virtualization, mail servers, data modeling and pivot tables
- Experience with Virtualization technologies
- Experience in one of the following programming languages: Java, C++, Python, Ruby, Perl
- Experience with Regular Expressions (REGEX)
- Previous experience with a software configuration management system (subversion, git, hub, cvs, chef, puppet, SCCM, etc.)
- Desire to join and grow a career within a consulting company. Willing to travel as necessary to support client projects.
- Microsoft, Linux or networking certifications.
-Greenwood Village, ColoradoWindward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance. Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.