Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. We Work with the US Government as well as Fortune 500 clients, and our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. As a result of our continued success, we are looking for a motivated Solutions Architect with Network Engineering experience to support our end customer which manages a system of integrated telecommunications networks in an effort to provide secure, reliable, and robust communications capabilities to United States Government Departments and agencies operating from Diplomatic and Consular facilities outside of the United States. Some of the services they offer their end customers include terrestrial, satellite and internet services, international direct-dialing, and Voice over IP (VOIP). The Network Solutions Architect will be responsible for working on network solutions projects on a short-range schedule, and will support the Terrestrial Networks Domain Architect in long-range planning and projects. They will develop and revise plans and layouts for network communications solutions to be delivered to customers on our global data communications network. The Solutions Architect will present plans to the team’s Domain Architects and the Chief Architect for review and feedback, and ready them for presentation at delivery project control gates. Considerations and requirements for network security will be developed in collaboration with the organization’s Information Assurance and Cyber Security staff.
This position requires demonstrated excellent customer relations and network engineering skills. The preferred candidate will have very strong oral and written communication skills. He/She must be confident and comfortable working in an environment with undefined processes, changing requirements and be able to quickly adapt and help bring structure and results to support the customer mission. The ideal candidate would have qualified experience with designing wide area networks and knowledge of new technologies such as Software Defined Networking (SDN).
Develop expectations and requirements for hardware and software to support the needs of the various solutions network designs. Design Solutions Architectures for transition to project teams for execution within the framework of the designed models. Provide any implementation constraints on cable layout, hardware location, and so forth that must be adhered to in implementation. Develop models to predict future network needs, including reviews of current data traffic, estimating growth, considering the needs of traffic routing and shaping, and build outs of new technologies, including Software Defined Networks.
- 8+ years of IT and networks experience, both in the field and in an Engineering and Design organization
- Expert knowledge of Global Wide Area Networks
- 4+ years’ experience as a Network Systems Designer
- Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
- Proven ability in working with a multi-discipline team comprised of one or more of the following disciplines: Systems, Software, or Network Engineering
- Proven ability as a process advocate and SME, including excellent skills in Configuration Management
- Demonstrated ability to develop and convey recommended solutions to clients to resolve issues
- Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Experienced developing Architectural and design artifacts, especially architectural modeling
- Experience developing tier 1 and detailed requirements
Education and Experience:
- Experience with Software Defined Networks
- Experience working in JIRA
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Experience with communications systems or in a commercial / industry communications organization
- Experience with medium Telco company best practices for network services
- Experience with networking protocols such as RSVP and OSPF to perform Traffic Engineering
- Experience with Segment routing or Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING)
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related subject and 8 years’ experience; a Doctorate with 4 years; or a Masters with 6 years; is acceptable.
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope poly
Windward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance. Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
- Fairfax, VA - Some travel may be required (less than 25%)