Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world. Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. We work with the US Government as well as Fortune 500 clients, and our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
We are currently looking for a motivated Network Engineer to conduct design, development, testing, and documentation in support of network engineering solutions, upgrades, and modifications of the IP/MPLS network to satisfy services growth and expansion in accordance with our customer’s organizational objectives. This position will support our end customer, which manages a system of integrated telecommunications networks, in an effort to provide secure, reliable, and robust communications capabilities to United States Government Departments and agencies operating from Diplomatic and Consular facilities outside of the United States. Some of the services they offer their end customers include terrestrial, satellite and internet services, international direct-dialing, and Voice over IP (VOIP).Job Duties:
- Plan and coordinate major IP/MPLS network initiatives in accordance and collaboration with the architectural objectives of the organization.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new network equipment and technologies in support of the network.
- Provide IP/MPLS network support of new and existing services and features.
- Utilize monitoring, performance analysis, network management techniques, software and hardware equipment to trouble shoot and isolate escalated issues, outages and network enhancement efforts.
- Troubleshoot IP/MPLS network problems quickly and help provide sound engineering solutions by maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the existing IP/MPLS Network architecture, topology, and configuration details.
- Support engineering level escalations for all operational outages in IP/MPLS network.
- Meet regularly with other network team leads and engineers to plan and coordinate efforts, and communicate changes.
- Provide internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to company management and departmental clients.
- Develop and execute contingency plans for network software and hardware upgrades.
- Analyze current products and recommends changes/upgrades to management.
- Keep abreast of relevant technologies and maintain selected technical certifications.
- Document engineering solutions in accordance to in-house standards including but not limited to Detailed Engineering Requirements, Detailed Reference Design, and Detailed Integration Test Plan documents.
- Conduct quality, comprehensive LAB tests to prove viability of proposed engineering solutions
Education and Experience:
- In depth understanding of IP networking including routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, IS-IS)
- Minimum knowledge; CCIE/JNCIE or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of IP/MPLS network QoS technology (RSVP, Queuing, and Traffic Policing).
- Working knowledge of IP/MPLS network security / Firewalls
- Working knowledge of Cisco and Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and 12 to 15 years of related experience; a Bachelor's Degree in IT related subject with 8+ years; Doctorate with 4 years; Masters with 6 years; or an Associates with 10 years, is acceptable
Windward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance. Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
- Active Top Secret/Full Scope Poly Clearance required