Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT Roadmap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. We Work with the US Government as well as Fortune 500 clients, and our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. As a result of our continued success, we are seeking an eager candidate to join our team as a Agile Business Analyst/Scrum Master. The successful candidate will have significant in-depth expertise in Agile, coaching teams on fundamentals, guiding teams on best practices, and helping to transform an organization to fully embrace Agile methodologies. The candidate will start off as a Business Analyst/Scrum Master on a team developing a custom Network Resource Management tool, but will be expected to help standup Agile teams throughout the organization. The organization this position supports manages a system of integrated telecommunications networks in an effort to provide secure, reliable, and robust communications capabilities to United States Government Departments and agencies operating from Diplomatic and Consular facilities outside of the United States. Some of the services they offer their end customers include terrestrial, satellite and internet services, international direct-dialing, and Voice over IP (VOIP). Job duties:
- Significant in-depth expertise in Agile to interpret internal and external obstacles and recommend best practices
- Coach teams on Agile fundamentals and help them implement Agile ceremonies, identify the roles, and manage the respective artifacts
- Facilitate Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews, Sprint Retrospectives and other Scrum ceremonies; Create and manage artifacts; and identify, implement, and track metrics.
- Facilitate discussions, decision making, conflict resolution, and delivery of committed work goals
- Support and educate the Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Work with customer stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and manage the work planned for the Agile Scrum team.
- Lead projects from prioritization through concept development and user story writing to supporting development and deployment as Business Analyst subject matter expert
- Actively participate in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
- Extract and document detailed customer requirements
- Perform at an advanced technical level with a complete understanding of all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- 7+ experience working with customers to define system requirements.
- 7+ years working as a Business Analyst.
- Must hold at least one Agile certificate. This includes PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP), ICAgile Certified Professional/Expert, SAFe Agilist (SA), or SAFe Program Consultant (SPC4)
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to document and translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues to technical and non-technical staff.
- Familiarity with enterprise databases (Oracle/SQL Server) and custom development projects
Education and Experience:
- Experience working with Jira
- Experience working on a Scrum teams
- Experience with projects to develop code to be hosted in the cloud.
- Experience with large wide area networks or telecommunication service provider environments
- Bachelor's Degree in IT related field with 7+ years, Masters with 5+ years, PhD with 3+ years, or Associates with 11+ years of related experience
Windward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance. Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
- Active Secret or higher clearance is required
- Must be within five years of the last clearance investigation.
- Candidate must be able and willing to upgrade to TS/SCI with poly