Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. The Consulting Director position is responsible for day-to-day account and project management for targeted clients (ranging from 2-5 accounts on average). The Consulting Director is responsible for driving project sales, engaging with senior client management, providing project leadership and managing project delivery against financial operational targets. This position also develops and implements high-impact strategies and solutions based on financial, technology and market analyses to help increase the profitability and performance of consulting clients. The Consulting Director manages $3M+ in annual project engagements with corresponding programmatic and personnel responsibilities.Job Duties:
Position Qualifications:It is not required that you meet each of the requirements listed below to qualify for consideration. A combination of the following elements of education, training and experience providing the required knowledge and skill for successful performance may qualify you for consideration:
- 40% - Build and sustain a sales pipeline by developing, nurturing, and maintaining existing clients, key technology partner’s sales force, along with fostering new business relationships within specific market vertical. Coordinate and lead the sales pursuit process, including development of client proposals, presentations and business case materials. Perform or oversee necessary sales administration to ensure all relevant parties are kept up-to-date on sales activities. This includes participation in weekly and periodic business reviews and/or Go-To-Market team meetings, and keeping SF.com and other sales reporting tools up-to-date.
- 50% - Supervise program and project execution across multiple accounts and teams ensuring compliance with standards and methodology. Construct and ensure statements of work meet client objectives and provide clear and achievable objectives and milestones. Drive coordination across consulting teams to ensure alignment of resources, and to manage, escalate and mitigate project and account risks as they are encountered. Provide quality assurance function for requirements analysis, solution architecture and design, development and integration tasks, testing processes and documentation, along with overarching delivery execution.
- 10% -Management of staff including participating in recruitment, conducting annual personnel reviews, staff career development, personnel actions as required and participating in retention programs. These activities will fuel sustainable business growth and high quality service execution.
Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience within consulting, professional services, or software implementation track record.
- Minimum of 5 year of experience selling consulting services for relevant ITSM technologies or services.
- Experience and demonstrated success in account management, account growth and new client acquisition.
- Proven leadership ability with strong client relationship and consulting skills.
- Proven professional with long, established track record in project management and service delivery, structuring and completing milestone-based assignments on time and ensuring work on client projects is performed consistently at high quality, and reflects client goals and expectations.
- Ability to independently provide strategic vision, yet equally experienced with requirements definition, practical solution design, business cases development and solution implementation for clients.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across a consulting organization with other industry and solution Directors/VPs, as well as the Service Delivery personnel.
- Proven track record of multi-tasking business development, client side delivery, and people and team management skills.
- Strong professional and personal integrity with very high ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s degree; Advanced Business or Computer Technology Degree desired.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Travel:Travel is required throughout the United States with some frequency, along with occasional overseas trips as necessary to meet with and engage clients in business development activities, along with providing account management and project oversight functions. Travel is based upon specific program and client requirements, and will thus fluctuate based on current workload and sales activity. Must be open to working remotely at an out-of-town client site for an extended period of time on special occasions. Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
- Skilled in presenting and working with Manager, Director and VP-Level clients
- A willingness to travel to qualified accounts within the U.S. (territory focus is Northeast United States)
- Excellent organization, planning and communication skills
- Very detail oriented
- Able to manage multiple projects or tasks effectively
- Able to problem-solve
- High initiative
- Strong project management skills
- Able to take ownership of a task or process, see things through and close the loop
- Good interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Able to exercise sound judgment when addressing issues, and to provide thorough, appropriate written resolutions
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment (flexible and adaptable)
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.