Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
DCN Network Engineer is responsible for providing networking and network management expertise. The Network Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing changes to a large network management infrastructure consisting primarily of Cisco and Juniper devices (routing, physical connections, IP address management and implementation of new technologies and solutions). Be able to perform direct and advisory roles in oversight, planning and implementation of projects and initiatives. Responsible for the design, planning, & integration of an out of band management network. Advise management and team members of risks associated with technologies and implementation approaches and identify methods of risk mitigation. Conduct problem resolution and identify process improvements. Coordinate with Tier III team members as well as theater Tier II team members. May be tasked with assisting in support of clearing router related IAVA/STIG/Vulnerabilities during periods of high security related vulnerability assessments and/or inspections.
- Meet DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification
- Experienced managing & implementing DoD networks and OOB methodologies
- 8 - 10 years of network engineering experience
- Ability to learn quickly on the job with minimal supervision
- Excellent analytical, time management, and problem solving skills are essential
- Ability to meet with customer, obtain requirements, analyze options, and provide solutions for multiple concurrent projects.
- Advanced knowledge & experience with Juniper JUNOS and Cisco IOS.
- Experience with HAIPE & KG 175 encryption devices
- Experience with DoD security compliance, i.e. STIG, IAVA, etc.
- Must be proficient in defining/troubleshooting IP/VPN/Port Mapping and Access Control Lists configurations.
- Extensive experience with TCP/IP, subnetting, and Routing/Switching protocols (i.e. OSPF & BGP)
- As part of global engineering team, test plan & report documentation management skills are required as are MS Office/Visio/Project/PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with executives, customers, vendors and department staff.
- Experience with MPLS based Layer 2 and 3 VPNs a plus.
- Versed in enterprise networks and must be familiar with integrating new components into existing networks
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical employees
- Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives
- Extensive hands on experience with Cisco routers, switches and Juniper routers
- Advanced understanding and experience with routing/switching, (i.e. OSPF)
- Engineer technical solutions and design redundant solutions to ensure continuous operations
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose advanced network issues including configuration, routing issues and performance concerns
Requires DoD Secret Clearance
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.