Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast-paced environment. We work with the US Government as well as Fortune 500 clients, and our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting-edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
We are currently looking for a Software Developer with experience developing in API and preferably experience with MuleSoft. The successful candidate will lead demonstrations and proofs of concept in the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Innovation Lab, supporting the CIO, CTO, and CFO. The candidate will prove-out an API-led approach to deliver new services at DIA, build a decision support system, and provide near-real-time situational awareness between planning and execution. MuleSoft training will be made available for the successful candidate.Job Duties:Provide technical leadership in large, complex environments. Assist customers in translating business requirements into technical requirements. Assist in developing cost-effective solutions that meet functional and performance requirements, and provide demonstrable returns the customer. Position Qualifications:
- Understand and clarify complex business integration requirements and create eloquent, scalable/manageable designs, utilizing the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
- Explain complex technical issues to project managers, developers, and architects in an easy to understand manner, and recommend clearly thought out solutions
- Participate in the continuous improvement of MuleSoft products by making technical contributions and by providing critical updates from the field
- Implement technical solutions for enterprise systems and build trust with customers in MuleSoft’s ability to meet their business requirements
- Lead small development teams in multi-phase, heterogonous work environments, with multiple work streams
- Actively test and clearly document implementations, so others can easily understand the requirements, implementation, and test conditions
- Work closely with other internal functions providing feedback on future product requirements
- Provide mentorship on advanced MuleSoft technical capabilities
Education and Preferred Experience:
- Ability to define, influence, and communicate technical direction, to make decisions, and to work autonomously in order to ensure the successful implementation of MuleSoft technology
- Ability to understand and clarify complex business integration requirements
- Ability to create eloquent, scalable, manageable designs, utilizing the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to project managers, developers, and architects in an easy to understand manner, as well as recommend thoughtful solutions
- Ability to participate in the continuous improvement of MuleSoft products by making technical contributions and by providing critical updates from the field
- Ability to implement technical solutions for enterprise systems and build trust with customers in MuleSoft’s ability to meet their business requirements
- Ability to lead small development teams in multi-phase, heterogeneous work environments with multiple work streams
- Ability to actively test and clearly document implementations so others can understand the requirements, implementation, and test conditions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in CS or IT-related field or 12 to 15 years of related/equivalent experience; education/experience combination will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- 3+ years implementation experience with demonstrated integration expertise in several business and technical verticals
- 2+ years experience providing technical solutions development for enterprise software or hosted high-tech services using J2EE and/or JSE framework
- Integration experience with MuleSoft or other products (e.g. IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, Progress Sonic, etc.)
- Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA/Integration and API Management technologies and standards
- Experience using JAVA IDE (Eclipse, Intelli J, Netbeans)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability, particularly with understanding, documenting and describing complex technical subjects
- Ability to apply technology solutions to real business requirements
- Knowledge of Open Source business or past contributions to open source projects
- Designed and developed enterprise services using RAML and REST based APIs
- Experience profiling Java applications (including threading issues), examining thread dumps, heap dumps, etc
- Experience designing appropriate load and performance test plans, goals, objectives, execution, with tuning acumen
- Development experience with various on-premise, SaaS ERP (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, etc), CRM (SalesForce, Oracle, SAP, etc), Commerce, HR (WorkDay, Oracle, etc), and social media (Facebook, Twitter) platforms
- Experience delivering in waterfall, scrum, agile, and other methodologies
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance is required – investigation completed within the last 5 years
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
- Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, DIA HQs, Washington DC
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.