Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. The IA Firewall Engineer must have knowledge and hands-on experience performing Information Assurance and Security Engineering across a global IT enterprise infrastructure. Security infrastructure consists of firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS). Responsible for helping to manage the security posture of the DISN OSS in regards to developing implementation procedures to implement configuration changes, patch vulnerabilities, validate updates and roll-back if the patch adversely impacts operations. The successful candidate will have the ability to interface at multiple levels in a management structure, showing strong verbal communication skills. They will apply extensive technical expertise and knowledge of other related disciplines to their work. The ability to develop and implement technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity is a must, both independently as well as the part of a larger project team. Experience defining and documenting SOPs and procedures is required, utilizing strong written communication skills. Required Skills: Palo Alto firewalls (technology and function)
- Knowledge of McAfee firewall and Cisco ASA
- Networking knowledge and experience (L2 and L3VPNs, VLAN, IPSec, MPLS, BGP)
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- RSA SecureID administrative and architecture experience
- LDAP, RADIUS and TACACS knowledge
- Tenable Network Security ACAS
- McAfee HBSS
- CISSP Certification
Requires DoD Secret clearanceWindward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other discipline directly related to the labor category + five (5) years’ experience of which at least three (3) years must be specialized. Directly relevant work experience in excess of ten (10) years may be substituted at hirers’ discretion.
- AA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + seven (7) years’ experience of which at least six (6) years must be specialized.
- Relevant military training or one and one-half (1½) years of relevant military experience + an additional seven (7) years’ experience of which at least six (6) years must be specialized.