Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. Our team works closely with other support groups, client teams, script developers, DBAs and project managers to define, design and implement systems, networks, security, and client access at an enterprise level. An Optical Management Systems Engineer’s role includes installing, securing and maintaining Element Management systems to support the agency’s optical transport network and the devices that comprise them. The successful candidate will be able to participate in the design, planning, & integration of various efforts for a variety of applications, primarily those related to optical device management. You will play an advisory role to management and team members concerning implementation approaches, risks associated with technologies, and methods of risk mitigation, as well as performing problem resolution and identifying process improvements. The successful candidate will interface as needed at multiple levels of management, providing information and thought leadership in technical areas. The successful candidate will also be able to interface with a vendor to address issues and work to improve product capabilities.
- Must have a minimum of 6-8+ years of Unix experience in an enterprise environment
- Mixed operating systems experience (Linux, Solaris)
- Experience with optical Element Management systems. Specific demonstrable knowledge using Ciena OneControl is a significant plus.
- Knowledge of fault management, performance management, and configuration management concepts.
- Capability to articulate a given technical solution and demonstrate it on a whiteboard
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management, and problem solving skills are essential.
- Strength in multitasking and prioritization in order to meet changing deadlines
- Self-starting and able to drive projects to completion in a fast moving environment
- As part of global engineering team, implementation & report documentation management skills are must as are MS Office/Visio/Project/PowerPoint skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with executives, customers, vendors and department staff.
- Experience with applying and mitigating STIG requirements
- Experience integrating optical Element Management systems with other OSS applications
- Familiarity with the optical devices that are managed by the EMS systems
- Familiarity with northbound interfacing concepts as related to EMS data
- Previous experience in Government work, DoD a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other discipline directly related to the labor category + five (5) years’ experience of which at least three (3) years must be specialized. Directly relevant work experience in excess of ten (10) years may be substituted at hirers’ discretion.
AA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + seven (7) years’ experience of which at least six (6) years must be specialized.
Relevant military training or one and one-half (1½) years of relevant military experience + an additional seven (7) years’ experience of which at least six (6) years must be specialized.
Active DoD Secret Clearance Required
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.