Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
The successful candidate will have some experience with one or more layers (EMS, NMS, and SMS) of Operational Support Systems (OSS). Will participate in the development of high-level architectural solutions to meet business and mission requirements for Service Assurance and Service Delivery support for Network Services. Work will be performed with some direction and collaboration. Must be able to develop a “big picture” view driven from technical details, and be able to identify “ripple effects” from individual technical decisions.
Duties may include:
- Identify, assess, and present options for meeting the functional and technical requirements, which might include hardware and software updates or upgrades.
- Conduct research into commercial, off-the-shelf (COTS) products in search of potential solutions.
- Ensure these solutions are compatible and in compliance with relevant standards as well as the over-arching architectural tenets of the OSS.
- Produce architectural artifacts to include system design diagrams, recommendation justifications, and technical specifications.
- Help resolve issues that arise in implementing solutions.
- Advise management and team members of risks associated with technologies and implementation approaches and identify methods of risk mitigation.
- Conduct problem analysis and resolution efforts and identify potential process improvements.
- Develop notional levels of effort (LOEs) to define potential scope of work, and conduct peer and Government reviews to ensure completeness and adequacy of solutions.
- Participate in a variety of other technical review and communications forums to ensure alignment of solutions with other Divisions plans and needs.
- Create briefings regarding solutions as required.
- Network management systems experience
- Knowledge of software/system development lifecycle methodologies
- Systems integration and service-oriented architecture (SOA) experience
- Experience with Solaris and Windows platforms
- Experience with high availability configurations, database and storage, Identity and Access Management
- Project management experience
- Excellent analytical, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to interact professionally with executives, customers, vendors and department staff
- 2+ years working in an operations environment
- Knowledge or experience in telecom/carrier environments
- Familiar with ITIL, eTom process frameworks
- Familiar with NGOSS methodology
- DoDAF or Enterprise Architecture experience is a plus
- Commercial Telecom experience supporting the OSS stack is a big plus
- Active DOD Secret Clearance Required
- CISSP Highly Desired
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other scientific or technical discipline directly related to the labor category + 2 to 3 year’s experience desired. Alternative degrees considered with relevant experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.