Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within a Fortune 500 company solving complex technical challenges, then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
We are looking for an Azure Monitoring Architect / Engineer who will be able to assist with the implementation and rollout of its Monitoring Suite including products such as Azure Monitor
, Azure Application Insights
and Azure Operational Insights (OMS)
products. We are looking for someone that can assist with onboarding new development and their respective support teams into Azure via these monitoring products, along with helping to simultaneously advancing the adoption of new functionality provided by Azure Monitoring roadmap. The candidate should be able to proactively drive and independently lead delivery of monitoring product for customers. Job Duties and Requirements:
- Understand the architecture of Application Insights and OMS Azure Monitoring products
- Understand the Azure Management APIs and service management information they provide
- Provide guidance and training on Kusto Query Language (KQL)
- Setup/Refine Collection methods/Data Sources feeding data into OMS and App Insights Solutions
- Install and configure OMS Agents, and enabling OMS solutions like Service Maps, SQL Assessment, Change Tracking, and Update Management
- Customize monitored metrics and thresholds for Application Insights
- Review Application Architectures work with customers to Design ‘Monitoring Packages’ for respective app/services health/performance
- Enable diagnostics and dynamic thresholds in App Insights for Azure IaaS and PaaS (cloud services and native) services for all onboarded applications
- Enable and configure App Insights metrics/diagnostics to alert when deviating from designated dynamic baseline standards
- Create synthetic endpoint tests via Application Insights
- Create OMS Visualizations/Dashboards for Azure services, along with application-specific metrics (ex. App-specific COSMOS DB dashboards)
- Create standardized App Insight Dashboards for in-depth analysis and diagnostics; including establishing a naming conventions for all the AI dashboard names.
- Top 10 slow performing external services
- Top 10 slow db calls
- Top 10 services w/ 500/400/etc.. errors
- ** the above dashboards should be per System / Environment
- Test and Verify monitoring and alerting via testing with customer groups
- Audit existing application set-ups against baseline configurations
- Provide documentation and user training on various topics including: how to use App Insight in Local Development using Visual Studio to profile and benchmark the applications before they are deployed to the lower/higher envs.
- Provide guidance on Instance Level (Vs. Service Level) Monitoring and implement the guidance
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years Java and / or .NET experience
- 2+ years experience MS AppInsight, OMS, and SCOM
- 3+ years of experience in software development and with Agile or Waterfall experience
- 2+ years of core Java development: multithreading, dynamic loading, annotation, aspects, events
- 2+ years of experience with REST API
- 2+ years experience with Webhooks
- Experience with API/REST experience – for loading data into third party systems
- Ability to understand data models or database tables in third party systems or applications
- Experience with a pushing data into third party systems or applications
- Advanced debugging, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills across large, distributed, multi-service environments
- Experience with Java microservices
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.