Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world. Our consultants solve our clients’ most challenging problems, uncovering answers to questions they didn't even know. Only apply if you have a thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. We Work with the US Government as well as Fortune 500 clients, and our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a "roll up their sleeves mentality". Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effectively. This position supports application development efforts as a Web Services Developer. As a Web Services Developer you will be responsible for development and implementation of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Candidate must understand coding and source code development standards, develop clean, understandable and maintainable code from user requirements and flow charts; develop and implement plans to accurately test the application code, functions, modules, and programs. The candidate will work in close collaboration with software developers, stakeholders, and end users in building and supporting multiple processes. The position emphasizes innovation, and the hiring team looks at an individual who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural. The candidate will also be responsible for or support development of a spectrum of existing applications.Job Duties:
- Work as part of a team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet user story acceptance criteria
- Debug, test, and fix errors
- Creates test transactions and runs unit tests
- Participate on a team of full stack engineers and automation testers
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
- Extensive object-oriented software development and domain design.
- 5+ years of experience in application development using Java
- 5+ years Java REST web services
- 5+ years' experience developing REST, SOAP, and JSON/XML
- Expert knowledge of Agile/Scrum development
- Proven ability to work across multiple functional teams in the creation of an application development process
: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.Location:
Chevy Chase, MDWindward Consulting strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.
Windward Consulting is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or veteran status.